UNC Health is excited to announce the continuation of its fellowship program at Caldwell UNC Health Care in Lenoir, NC. This fellowship site for UNC Health provides a unique opportunity for experiencing health care in a community hospital setting. The selected fellow will report directly to Caldwell’s CEO, Laura Easton, and have a high level of exposure to the hospital’s senior leaders.
During the year-long appointment, the Administrative Fellow will gain familiarity with the operations of a community hospital and learn how it functions as part of a nationally recognized healthcare system. With guidance and direction from CEO, Laura Easton, the fellow will have the flexibility to pursue and develop his or her own interests as it relates to organizational needs. Additionally, the Administrative Fellow will have the unique opportunity to gain process improvement experience by playing a key role in facilitating process improvement projects throughout the hospital and its clinics. The Caldwell UNC Health Care Administrative Fellow will attain a broad exposure to the entire organization, while also developing and refining hard skills that will lay a strong foundation for the rest of his or her career.
About Caldwell UNC Health Care
Caldwell UNC Health Care is a private, not-for-profit community hospital in Lenoir, NC, with a 110-bed acute care facility and a provider network of more than 70 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced practice professionals. Caldwell joined UNC Health Care in 2013. Caldwell County is located in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains with a rich history in sports, music, and the arts. Caldwell County is a warm and inviting community providing the perfect balance between purposeful work and active living.
Learn more about the Todd L. Peterson Post-graduate Fellowship at UNC Health Care.
Applications will be coordinated through our internal job posting system. Timeline for the 2021 – 2022 Fellowship Application Cycle is as follows:
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - Application will go live
- Monday, September 11, 2019 @ 11:59pm EST – Application Deadline Note: Applications submitted after 11:59pm EST will not be considered
- Late September 2020 – Phone interviews
- Early October 2020 – Onsite interviews
- Mid October 2020 – Candidates notified
Please be sure to carefully review your application before submitting. If you have applied for positions with UNC Health Care in the past, be sure to update your profile information. You can use this posting link to apply for all three of the available fellowship locations at UNC Health Care. You only need to apply once, however, make note of the requirements listed below if you plan to apply for more than one site.
Fellowship Site Locations
UNC Medical Center (2 Admin Fellows, 833 Beds)
UNC Rex Healthcare (1 Admin Fellow, 600 Beds)
Caldwell UNC Health Care (1 Admin Fellow, 110 Beds)
UNC Physicians Network (1 Admin Fellow, 100+ practices)
Apply for the fellowship through the posting at the link provided. Please provide the following items as “Attachments” to your online application.
- Official Graduate school transcript
- Three recommendation letters – at least one academic and one professional. These letters should address the applicant’s administrative and/or management experience as well as academic qualifications. The letters can be addressed to the Fellowship Selection Committee.
- Personal Statement – Introduce yourself in a one-page personal statement regarding what you hope to achieve from a fellowship at one of our sites and what draws you to that particular site.
- Your essay answering ONE of the following three prompts in no more than 300 words:
- If you were the CEO of UNC Health, what is the first thing you would do?
- Describe the environment in which you were raised-(your family, home, neighborhood, or community) and how it influenced the person you are today.
- Tell us about an achievement, not listed on your resume, of which you are most proud.
Please note: Applicants applying to more than one of the UNC Health Care fellowship programs must submit a separate personal statement for each of the fellowships sites they are applying to.