Improve your circulation and maintain healthy blood flow with care from the vascular services team at UNC Health Caldwell in Lenoir, North Carolina. Timely vascular care can help prevent strokes, amputations, and serious health conditions.
Look to us for care of peripheral vascular disease (PVD)—conditions affecting the blood vessels outside your brain or heart:
Enjoy working with a team that sees you as an individual—not a number. Count on us to take time to get to know you, listen to your concerns, and treat and you your family with respect.
Tests & Treatments
Trust the experienced team at UNC Health Caldwell for:
- Aneurysm repair – Replaces or reinforces a weak area of a blood vessel to prevent a rupture
- Angiogram – Uses real-time X-ray and a special dye to show how blood flows through your veins and arteries
- Angioplasty – Guides a thin, flexible tube (catheter) into a narrowed artery, then inflates a tiny balloon to compress plaque and improve blood flow
- Carotid artery stenting – Uses a thin, flexible tube (catheter) to place a mesh tube (stent) in a narrowed carotid artery to open the blood vessel and keep it open
- Carotid endarterectomy – Removes plaque from the carotid arteries in your neck
Whenever possible, your vascular surgeon will take a minimally invasive, endovascular approach to treat vascular diseases. With endovascular treatments, your doctor uses imaging technology to guide a catheter through your blood vessels to the area that needs attention. That means you may benefit from:
- Less stress on your heart
- Less pain or discomfort
- Lower risk of complications
- Smaller scar
- Shorter recovery
In many cases, if you have an endovascular procedure, you’ll be able to return home the same day as your procedure. Ask your doctor what to expect for your surgery.
Advanced Hybrid Operating Room
When your doctor recommends a minimally invasive procedure or surgery to treat your condition, you may receive care in UNC Health Caldwell’s hybrid operating room (OR). This OR combines surgical technology and sophisticated imaging capabilities. It allows your vascular surgeon to perform endovascular procedures (inside the blood vessel) and, if necessary, switch to a more complex procedure in the same OR. You’ll benefit from the hybrid OR because it decreases your time in surgery and the need to schedule more than one procedure.
UNC Surgical Services
Learn more about surgical care at UNC Health Caldwell.