Rest easier with help from the sleep medicine experts at Caldwell UNC Health Care. Join hundreds of our satisfied patients when you get care that can improve your health and quality of life.
Conditions We Treat
Turn to us for diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as:
Your Sleep Medicine Appointment
You’ll meet with a board-certified, fellowship-trained sleep specialist who is also a pulmonologist (lung doctor) trained in sleep apnea. Expect to discuss your sleeping habits and any current or past health issues. Bring your completed Epworth Sleepiness Scale [PDF] and Berlin Questionnaire [PDF]. Plan for your appointment to last about an hour.
After meeting with you, the doctor may ask to learn more about your symptoms through one of the following:
- Home sleep study – You take home a small monitor that attaches to sensors on your finger, nose and torso. The monitor records your vital signs and movements overnight.
- Sleep lab study – You spend the night in our comfortable sleep lab while we measure your vital signs and movements in detail.
Sleep Treatments & Therapies
Depending on your diagnosis, you may benefit from:
- Daytime exercise to improve sleep quality
- Lifestyle changes, such as adjustments to your bedtime routine and sleep environment
- Medications that help you fall asleep or stay asleep
- Ways to improve breathing during sleep, such as:
Read some of your neighbors’ reviews of our sleep medicine staff and services at Caldwell UNC:
- I wish the doctor could be my physician for all of my medical issues. He was so kind, smart, caring. Had a very good sense of humor, made me feel very comfortable and gave me hope.
- Lori was so compassionate and caring. She made me feel so hopeful and comfortable.
- Everything about my visit with the doctor and his team was wonderful! I couldn't ask for any better!
- I love this practice. Thanks to them, I now get the best sleep I've had in many years.
- Cindy was absolutely great, very friendly and informative.
- Cindy was wonderful. She explained the procedure in detail and was concerned about all details of our experience.
- (The physician was) excellent with patient care. I wish he was a PC doc.
- (The care provider was) very easy to talk to, understood my concerns, and explained everything.
- (The nurse/assistant was) helpful in getting my records.
- I have never had to wait very long for any of my visits.