Speech, Language & Swallowing Therapy
Discover treatments at Caldwell UNC Health Care to improve your speech, language, or swallowing abilities. Get care and treatment from an experienced speech therapist in Lenoir, North Carolina.
Who Needs Speech Therapy?
You or a loved one may benefit from speech, language, or swallowing therapy if you need to develop or recover skills. Speech-language pathologists (or speech therapists) can help children and adults with the effects of conditions such as:
Personal Evaluations With Your Therapist
Find the care you need at Caldwell UNC to assess, diagnose, and treat your condition. At your first appointment, your therapist will review your medical history and evaluate your condition to determine the next steps in your care.
Services & Therapy
Rely on us for specialized attention and care that’s specific to your diagnosis. Your speech and language therapist may recommend an individual therapy plan that includes:
- Clinical swallow evaluation – Identifies potential swallowing problems while you eat and drink
- Cognitive retraining – Teaches tasks, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Fluency (stuttering) therapy – Helps build physical skills for smoother sounds and speech
- Language therapy – Improves your ability to use words to communicate
- Lee Silverman Voice Training LOUD
- Modified barium swallow study
- Motor speech treatment – Strengthens your face and throat muscles to improve your ability produce sound
- Swallow therapy with neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES)-assisted swallow exercises – Improves your swallowing ability
- Speech, language, and cognitive evaluations – Assesses your overall communication abilities
- Voice therapy – Aid the pitch, volume, and quality of your voice
Pediatric Evaluations & Therapy
Turn to a speech therapist at Caldwell UNC for pediatric conditions that are present from birth or develop later. We can help your child with:
- Eating and drinking
- Memory and thought processing
- Speech and language