Work with a physical therapist at Caldwell UNC Health Care to improve symptoms of a vestibular condition or balance disorder. Get safe, high-quality therapy close to home in Lenoir, North Carolina.
Symptoms of a Balance Disorder
You may develop a balance problem if you have a disease or experience an injury that damages your inner ear or brain (vestibular system). Symptoms of a balance disorder include:
- Concentration problems
- Crowd anxiety/discomfort
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, and spinning
- Hearing loss
- Uncoordinated movements, stumbling, and clumsiness
- Vision changes, including focusing, light sensitivity, night blindness, and depth perception
What is Balance Therapy?
Balance therapy is also known as vestibular rehabilitation therapy. It uses exercises to help you improve symptoms of balance disorders and reduce your risk of falling.
Conditions Benefitting from Vestibular Therapy
Turn to us for specialized care for conditions including:
Manage your condition with well-rounded care from your primary care doctor or specialist in addition to therapy. Together, your care team can help manage your medical and physical needs for your best results.
Treatments & Therapy
Get treatment and therapy from specially trained outpatient physical therapists at our Quest4Life Wellness Center. Individual therapy plans help you feel better faster and with less effect on your everyday activities. Count on your therapist to treat your symptoms using techniques such as:
- Balance retraining – Improves your steadiness and ability to balance
- Head positioning – Adapts your balance to changing visual positions
- Home exercise program – Builds strength, motion, posture, and coordination
Compassionate, Personal Care
Receive attention from kind and considerate physical therapists. Expect one-on-one care that’s specific to your condition.