Make your primary care provider (PCP) at Caldwell UNC Health Care your first call for preventive care and everyday health services. Trust our experienced providers to diagnose and treat illness and minor injuries for your whole family.
Why You Need a Primary Care Provider
Develop a relationship with a trained PCP at Caldwell UNC. Visit your PCP regularly for your best long-term health. Rely on your provider to:
- Know your personal health history
- Manage chronic conditions
- Recommend preventive care and screenings to keep you healthy
- Track your health over time to catch problems early
- Understand your family risk factors for disease or illness
Urgent or Emergency Care
For life-threatening emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room for care and treatment.
For non-emergency situations, access Caldwell UNC urgent care services.
Types of PCPs
Choose a PCP who specializes in caring for you – including your age and health needs, such as:
Nurse Practitioners & Physician Assistants
Consider selecting a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA) for your primary care provider at some Caldwell UNC clinics. These professionals bring a combination of advanced education and clinical training skills to their patient care. See an NP or PA to diagnose illnesses and conditions, prescribe medication, and manage your health.
Comprehensive Primary Care
Find a broad range of high-quality care and services from your PCP close to home. Regardless of which type of PCP you chose, receive general care, including:
- Health education on nutrition and exercise
- Physical checkups and exams
- Preventive screenings
- Diagnosis and treatment for diseases and common illnesses and injuries
- Vaccinations, including flu shots
Prepare for Your Appointment
Make your appointment go smoothly by following these tips:
- Bring a list of other health care providers that have taken care of you since your last PCP visit, including hospitalizations and emergency room visits
- Write down a list of all the medications you take – including over-the-counter and herbal remedies – or bring the bottles with you to the appointment
- Write down your questions in order of importance, so you get to the most important ones first
Specialty Care Referrals
Your PCP may recommend diagnostic tests or seeking a specialist’s care for a health condition. Rely on your primary care team to refer you to the high-quality care and services you need within the Caldwell UNC physicians network and hospital.
Accessing the My UNC Chart online patient portal is an easy way to manage your health records. Your new patient information packet contains information about how to sign up. Or you can ask our front desk staff how to sign-up at your first appointment.