If long-lasting pain makes it hard for you to do daily activities or enjoy life, seek help from the pain management specialists at Caldwell UNC Health Care. You’ll get personalized treatment from a team that includes a board-certified, fellowship-trained anesthesiologist who knows the latest and best ways to care for your specific needs.
Conditions We Treat
Turn to us when you experience conditions such as:
Pain Relief Treatment Options
You may benefit from one or more of these services at Caldwell UNC Health Care:
- Botox therapy – Relieves chronic migraines (headaches that happen 15 or more days a month)
- Joint aspiration (arthrocentesis) – Drains fluid from a joint to relieve pressure and pain
- Medication – Prescriptions for medicine you take by mouth to ease pain
- Nerve blocks, including epidurals – Injects anesthetic into a nerve or group of nerves to block pain signals
- Physical therapy – Teaches exercises that make it easier for you to move without pain
- Radiofrequency ablation for knee, hip, sacroiliac or facet joints – Uses a mild electrical current to eliminate the nerves that send pain signals to the brain
- Spinal cord stimulation – Implants a small device under the skin to send out pain-blocking electrical currents that you control
- Trigger point injection – Delivers anesthetic to painful knots in your muscles
Your Pain Management Team
You’ll see the best results when you get well-rounded care from a team at Caldwell UNC. That’s why pain management experts work with your primary care provider and other health care professionals. Together, they develop a complete, personalized treatment plan to help you get all the care you need.