Diabetes & Nutrition Education
If you have diabetes or another health condition affected by your diet, turn to Caldwell UNC Health Care. You’ll get personalized guidance to eat healthier, prevent health problems and manage your condition.
Visit us for care of conditions such as:
Refer Your Patient
Print, fill out and fax the physician referral form [PDF] to us if your patient would benefit from diabetes self-management training.
Diabetes Self-Management Training
Control your diabetes or reduce your risk of developing the condition with self-management training. A certified diabetes educator, who is also a registered dietitian, will work with you and your primary care provider to make an education plan. Through individual and group sessions, you may learn about topics such as:
- Foot and skin care
- Glucose meter use
- Insulin use, including insulin pumps
- Medication management
- Nutrition, including medical nutrition therapy
- Prevention of complications
- Responses to high and low blood sugar
Support & Advice for Healthy Living
You’ll also get care for your psychological and practical needs. Explore ways to:
- Cope with stress
- Change everyday behaviors to live healthier
- Find support from family, friends, and peers
- Take advantage of community and financial resources
Maintain your progress during and after self-management training sessions with our support group.
ADA-Recognized Education Program
Feel confident knowing the American Diabetes Association recognizes Caldwell UNC Health Care’s education program. That recognition means you can trust us for:
- Complete, well-rounded instruction
- Highly trained, qualified staff
- Training given in a way that meets your needs
Ask us for help determining if your insurance provider covers diabetes and nutrition education services.