Cancer Support & Survivorship
Feel better during and after cancer treatment with support available through McCreary Cancer Center at Caldwell UNC Health Care. Your family will find financial help and services for your mind and body.
Take advantage of these services:
- Behavioral health care to help you and your loved ones cope with a cancer diagnosis
- Freshstart program that helps you quit smoking
- Help finding resources such as compression garments and new bras after breast cancer treatment
- Medical nutrition therapy that helps you get the nutrients you need
- Palliative care to make you more comfortable during a hospital stay
- Patient and family resources, including financial assistance, advance directives, and more
- Physical activity groups that help you increase energy and make friends with your peers affected by cancer
- Quest4Survivors exercise class at Quest4Life Wellness Center for patients, survivors, and caregivers
- Restorative yoga at First Baptist Church Lenoir
- Walking club and pickle ball club for patients, survivors, family, and friends
- Support group for breast cancer patients ages 18 to 45
To learn about upcoming support group and activity dates, call the McCreary Cancer Center at 828-759-4960 or browse our <REVISIT> calendar of events.
Learn About Cancer
Visit our online cancer center to learn more about finding support, navigating relationships, managing stress, and dealing with health changes.
Improve your quality of life before, during, and after cancer treatment with rehabilitation services that include:
- Education on reducing the risk that cancer will return
- Occupational therapy that makes it easier to do daily activities
- Physical therapy to increase range of motion, build strength, decrease pain, and reduce any scar tissue that formed if you had surgery
- Lymphedema therapy to reduce swelling
- Massage therapy at Quest4Life Wellness Center to relieve pain
- Wound care that helps heal chronic sores
Survivorship Care Plan
When treatment ends, your care team will provide a survivorship plan that recommends follow-up tests and explains potential long-term side effects of treatment. The plan also summarizes the cancer care you received. Take it to future doctor appointments to help your caregivers understand your health needs.
The Wig Bank of Caldwell County
Visit The Wig Bank for support groups, gas cards, food cards, a beauty shop, and other services for you and your loved ones after a cancer diagnosis. You’ll find The Wig Bank conveniently located next to McCreary Cancer Center.