Find expert breast health services close to home at Caldwell UNC Health Care in Caldwell County, North Carolina. You’ll receive complete breast care and treatment from a compassionate, trained care team.
Recognized Mammography Services
Feel confident you’re receiving safe, high-quality mammography services because Caldwell UNC includes facilities that are:
- Certified by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA)
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in Mammography
Care for your health by doing regular breast self-exams. Checking your breasts every month may help you detect changes that you can share with your doctor.
When to See a Doctor for Breast Problems
Contact your gynecologist or primary care provider if you experience:
- Breast pain, redness, or swelling
- Changes in the size or shape of your breast
- Lump or mass in your breast or underarm
- Nipple discharge
- Skin changes, like puckering, dimpling, or indented nipples
- Sores or rashes on your nipple
Fibrocystic Breast Changes
Learn about fibrocystic breasts changes that may cause breast pain, tenderness, and lumps.
Work with your doctor to treat benign (noncancerous) breast problems.
Breast Care for Men
Preteen, teen, and adult males can develop enlarged breasts or breast swelling known as gynecomastia. Talk to your primary care provider about your symptoms. You can count on Caldwell UNC for excellent diagnostic testing to check your breast health.
Breast Imaging & Biopsies
Determine the cause of your symptoms or detect breast problems early with safe, accurate imaging tests and diagnostic procedures at Caldwell UNC, including:
Breast Cancer Risk Factors
You may face a higher risk of developing breast cancer if you:
Prevention & Early Detection of Breast Cancer
Talk to your doctor about your risk for breast cancer. Together, you can create a care plan to:
- Lower your risk of developing breast cancer
- Improve the odds that you’ll catch breast cancer early—when it’s easier to treat
Breast Cancer Care
If you receive a breast cancer diagnosis, look to McCreary Cancer Center (a service of UNC Cancer Care) for comprehensive care and support throughout your cancer journey.