In December 1945, a group of concerned citizens of Caldwell County organized themselves into a non-profit corporation to be known as Caldwell Memorial Hospital, Incorporated. for the purpose of building an acute general hospital for the local citizenry. These individuals became the incorporators and, after the charter was received, they became the original Board of Trustees.
Campaigns were then conducted to raise the local money necessary for participation in state and federal funding. The building began in 1949 and the hospital received its first patient on January 1, 1951. Caldwell Memorial had a beginning Medical Staff of 17 members that were appointed by the Board of Trustees.
Through the years, we've made a number of renovations and added health services, including:
- Radiation oncology
- Computer-assisted minimally-invasive orthopedic surgery
- Digital mammography
- Fixed cardiac catheterization
- Inpatient dialysis
- Emergency services
- Cardiopulmonary services
- Diagnostic imaging
- Physical therapy
Partnering with UNC Health Care
On May 1, 2013 Caldwell Memorial Hospital, Inc. announced that it had joined the UNC Health Care System.
Learn more about our strategic partnership.